Woven Art & Beyond LLC
Ikat Mayer Wall Tapestry by Sarah Simpson©
Ikat is the term for dyeing technique used to pattern textiles that employs a resist dyeing process on either the warp or weft fibers prior to weaving. The word Ikat derives from the Indonesian word mengikat 'to tie'. Artisan Sarah Simpson has cleverly recreated the look of this process, without the resist dyeing step. Using warm red tones, pale apricot, cool green, and soft sky blue, with beautiful detailing, Sarah has masterfully created a woven wall tapestry depicting bold patterns reminiscent of Ikat fabrics.
Unique, finely crafted woven wall décor by skilled Artisan Weavers in USA Textile Mills. . All tapestry pieces are woven using an advanced Jacquard weaving technique, which generates a depth and texture not found in traditional wall art. Our tapestries are woven with a vast variety of different fibers including cotton, wool, silk, bouclé, chenille, bamboo and even metal in order to create tapestries that are innovative, unique, and majestic.
- Great for covering large spaces and softening noise in any room.
- Woven from 100% Cotton resulting in outstanding color and detail.
- Jacquard woven style provides true depth, texture and richness.
- Carefully woven and sewn to create a unique artistic accent to your decor.
- Hand stitched rod pocket makes display simple and secure.
- Made in the USA
- Sizes: 26"W x 87"L
- Artist: Sarah Simpson
- Motif: Ikat
- Contents: 100% Cotton
- Dowel Rod: Sold separately, bottom weight rod included.
- Care: Spot Clean
- USA Made